Learn about some of the best VPS service providers/companies.
Are you looking to host your website and need the best VPS hosting provider services?
Do you also have questions such as:
- What is a VPS hosting?
- What’re the benefits of a virtual private server hosting
- Who are the best VPS web hosting services providers
If your answer is yes, then you will love this guide :).
We understand that choosing a web host that is right for you is not an easy task as there are so many different hosting types and good providers like BlueHost which is highly recommended by a lot of people and WordPress.
The goal is to present you with helpful information to help you decide if this type of plan is the best website hosting service type for you or your organization.
So let’s jump right in.
Disclosure: We are supported by our readers, so when you decide to purchase a service through links on this post, we may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. You can read more…
What is VPS Hosting?
A WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, or Magento website cannot be available online without its files being uploaded to a web server.
A web server is bought from a hosting provider.
The service provided is referred to as web hosting.
And a type of that is called Virtual private server (VPS).
This is a form of hosting for websites that are more developed to use shared hosting.
Once multiple websites are hosted on a single server, the websites share the resources, thus no guarantee of the resources.
This type of hosting type gives the users a personal segment of the processor power, memory, and hard drive storage.
Every user on the VPS is provided with a virtual machine that has an operating system.
Thus, the customers on a VPS hosting service plan have the privilege of experiencing higher performance since the website has been hosted on the alone server.
What Are The Benefits of Virtual Private Servers Hosting Services?
When launching a Joomla, Drupal, Magento, WordPress, or other types of websites, every feature must perform at the highest level.
One of those important features is the speed of the website.
And one of the factors that determine speed is the hosting server plan and provider that you choose.
A slow server is a turn-off to the users. Thus, when choosing a hosting provider, the VPS service plan will likely provide the best services than a shared one.
According to Barnier, Richard C., et al., “Virtualization provides many benefits, but there are new concerns to manage…having more virtual server instances will increase the workload for patching, maintaining and securing”.
Other benefits of this type of website hosting are:
• Reliability: VPS hosting has reliable performance since a website is allocated its own storage and bandwidth.
• Value: VPS provides value for your money. Although it is not as cheap as shared hosting, it is not as expensive as dedicated hosting. The users only pay for what they need.
• Customization: VPS comes with customizable features that the client needs. One can even get to choose the operating system of their choice.
• Backup: While using VPS, it is easier to back up your data. Some firms also offer daily backups to the servers.
• Secure: Since the VPS environment is secluded from each other, the servers become more secure than shared hosting
Benefits for Specific Site Builders & CMS Platforms
If you are using any of the following CMS platforms here below are the benefits of using this type of website hosting plan.
The top two benefits of using virtual private servers for WordPress hosting are:
- Fast Loading: There is no doubt that speed is important for a WordPress website as this helps with visitor’s conversion and affects your Google ranking for both Adwords and search. So a VPS WordPress hosting definitely is a better choice in achieving a WordPress speed goal than a shared one, especially if you have a medium-high traffic website.
- Improved Security: With WordPress sites being the most hacked websites, security should be top of mind when choosing a hosting plan. And this technology is one of the better choices compared to shared hosting. This is really true if have or anticipate having a high traffic website. Because of how your website gets its own area assigned to it within a server as opposed to shared served where every site is lumped together this plan is a better option for security.
The two top benefits of using VPS hosting for Magento websites are:
- Scalability and redundancy: Since Magento is typically used for eCommerce, being able to scale it with more resources as your site grows is very important. This is one of the top reasons to choose a VPS Magento hosting service over a shared one. Not only does this allow you to scale but it allows you to do that without having to move from server to server or constant upgrade.
What Are The Typical VPS Service Providers Plan Features?
Most Joomla, Drupal Magento, or WordPress VPS providers have a variety of plans. There are expensive and cheap VPS hosting service plans.
The plans range from standard, enhanced, and regular plans with the latter more expensive.
Standard VPS Plans
The standard plan has more common features, and the premium plan has sophisticated ones.
For the standard plan, most hosting firms offer users a free domain name and a 64-bit OS.
Additionally, the users receive two cores, with 2GB RAM and 30GB space, 1 TB monthly bandwidth, and a single IP address.
Enhance VPS Plans
The enhanced plan also offers the users a domain name and a 64-bit OS system.
The users also enjoy a dual-core, 4GB RAM, and 60GB SSD space.
Moreover, apart from the two IPS, the users also benefit from 2Tb bandwidth monthly space.
Premium VPS Plans
The premium plan is the highest.
This virtual private server hosting services plan comes with four cores, 8GB RAM, and 120GB SSD storage.
The users are also provided with two IP addresses and a free domain name. Additionally, the premium plan also encompasses a 3TB monthly bandwidth.
Nonetheless, for the three typical plans, there are also some features that the clients benefit from. First, the users have full control of administrative privileges.
There is flexibility in installing software and applications of the user’s choice. The users’ websites are separated from other VPS websites on the same server.
Further, there is an independent rebooting of the individual VPS as well as a devoted database server, mail, and web.
PHP, FrongPage Extensions, JDK, SSI, Webalizer, and other software updates can be installed at the request of the user.
One of the best hosting companies known to be generous with VPS features is Bluehost.
Shared vs VPS Hosting Differences
There are many differences between WordPress, Joomla, Drupal or Magento website shared and VPS website hosting.
Space & Performance
Shared hosting has some limitations.
Although the accounts will not impact the other’s experience, the RAM and disk space will be at a maximum.
However, when using VPS, there is a gray area where the servers act as their own entities.
There is a more significant disk space when using VPS, improving the overall user experience.
With a shared plan, another website can affect the performance of your website.
Nevertheless, if the performance of your website is low, the website will function better.
For VPS hosting, the overall performance will be better with equal bandwidth to all users.
If a website has high traffic, VPS hosting is the best option.
Shared hosting is economical since it is cheap. However, there are problems when it comes to security.
The security of a shared server depends on the measures taken by the hosting provider.
Although shared hosting is safe, security breaches might occur.
A VPS is always secure since the safety features are customized.
If additional safety measures are needed, the security can further be upgraded.
Shared hosting is cheaper than VPS hosting.
The expenses of running and maintaining a shared server are minimal since many websites share the server space.
Even though there are cheap VPS service plans, it is more expensive still since it offers clients premium and customizable features.
Besides, in VPS hosting, the performance of the website can be adjusted.
Shared hosting is the best economical choice.
The Best VPS Hosting Services Providers
Below are some of the best VPS hosting services companies for a WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, or Magento website with great reviews from social media pollings, recommendations by WordPress, and the best features that you should consider.
What To Consider Before Selecting A VPS Service Provider & Plan
There are many VPS hosting providers and plans and one has to pick carefully.
Here are the things to keep in mind to help you select the right VPS web hosting company and service plan for your WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, or Magento website.
- Make sure that they provide 24/7 customer service via different channels such as phone, chat, and ticketing.
- Location of the servers. Make sure that they have multiple location server options to best serve customers.
- The option to choose from a managed or unmanaged virtual private servers.
- Make sure that they provide different options for operating systems like Windows and Linux.
Expensive vs Cheap VPS Plans
Pricing is not among the top factor to consider when selecting VPS hosting for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, or Magento sites.
The essential requirements should be on identifying the providers who match your needs.
Compare their credibility, then check on their pricing.
Performance and stability are factors that should be considered before pricing.
However, there are still one or two cheap VPS Hosting.
The allocated resources also determine to price.
The VPS with more dedicated resources has better performance.
Thus, prices will also be higher.
The population of the server also determines the value.
Servers with a high number of websites will provide cheap VPS web hosting than those with a fair population ratio.
When a VPS system is stiff and not scalable, the VPS will be cheap.
VPS systems that scale on both ways of are dynamic are always expensive.
The value of this type of website hosting will also depend on the ethics of the service providers.
VPS hosting providers who have a fair approach to practice and refined services are more expensive.
We hope that the information on this page is helpful in helping you understand:
- What VPS hosting is
- Some of the VPS hosting service providers to consider like Blue Host
- Plan features
- What to consider before picking a company and plan
- The benefits
Thirsty for more knowledge relating to the hosting of a website topic?
Keep on learning: